Friday, February 18, 2011

Rampant, by Diana Peterfreund

Here is a list of why I loved this book:
1. It's about killer unicorns. how often do you get to say "hey, i'm reading a book about killer unicorns!". Not often.
2. Diana Peterfreund wrote a killer unicorn in Zombies vs. Unicorns which was unlike any other. In a good way.
3. Killer unicorns. Need I say anymore?

Numbers 4-10 are all the same. Killer unicorns. Sounds corny, but let me tell you--it isn't. The main character, Astrid (love that name-Diana Peterfreund has awesome taste in names), is a descendent of Alexander the Great and is a virgin and so she is a unicorn hunter. She is dragged away from her somewhat normal life and totally crazy mother to learn to be a unicorn hunter. Somehow, she managed to not be annoying and I actually liked her. And there were killer unicorns.

It's kind of hard to say anymore except this: READ IT!! Did you not see what I just said about killer unicorns!?!

5 stars. How could I not, there were killer unicorns.

Yes, I have a thing for killer unicorns.



No comments: