Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Holly's Inbox, by Holly Denham

The idea of this book is a look into someone else's, namely Holly Denham's, inbox. However, I highly doubt her emails can tell her story so well. It is entertaining to read the book in email format though, and the author uses this limited point of view to create and solve mysteries. While reading, I imagined this girl reading her emails and replying- so much so that I felt as if I was her.

Holly Denham is the new receptionist at a bank. During the day she emails her friends Jason and Aisha, and the other receptionist, Trisha. Slowly, very slowly actually, Holly's story is revealed through her emails. There is nothing else I can say. Those two sentences sum it up. The end.

One of the most entertaining parts of the book (to me) was Holly's responses to spam email. Her replies to the snarky girl upstairs had me cheering for the Holly, whose only flaw was being too nice. What I didn't like was the romance part of the story. Going into details would spoil it for any person who happens upon this blog by complete chance but let me just say that it did not satisfy my inner (and outer) romantic.

4 stars.

1 comment:

Haylie K said...

HEY!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!
You write exactly how you talk, in a very concise, logical, yet almost snarky way. (Or maybe sarcastic is the better word? Hey, don't ask me, you're the critic!)
Anyway, keep reviewing books- I always need some good retrogradations!
-Guess who??