Monday, April 11, 2011

I Am Number 4, by Pittacus Lore

Before I start, for anyone with half a brain out there: Pittacus Lore is not his real name. Good. Now that I have brought you up to a second grade education, I can begin.

For those of you who haven't read the book or seen the movie, I Am Number 4 is about an alien. Who came to Earth after his planet was destroyed. And one day he and the others he came with who are still alive will go back and bring life back to the planet. Yes. It is as cheesy as it sounds. Number 4 is the 4th (no, I'm not kidding) out of 9 alien kids who were sent to Earth while their planet, Lorien, is being destroyed. Numbers 1, 2, and 3 are dead and not they are coming for Number 4. Number 4, the main character (not kidding here either), travels around with his guardian on the run from them. He chooses the name John Smith, but no one in the town suspects him of being anything less than normal. Let me ask you this: if someone showed up all of a sudden in your town and his name was John Smith would you suspect him of anything? Personally, I feel it is the most idiotic fake name ever. And that includes Pittacus Lore. Enough about the names though, John/4 gets comfortable in the new town, gets some friends, a girlfriend, and doesn't want to run away at the slightest bit of danger. Now is when I stop reading and start screaming at him about "i don't care how lonely you are blah blah blah YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!!!". Sorry about that. I think I should stop here and go curb my temper.

Besides for that it was mildly okay. The characters were in danger at the end of every chapter but it is supposed to be an action novel I suppose.

4.2 stars. It really wasn't that bad; certain parts just annoyed me. Can you guess which?

No comments: