Monday, June 13, 2011

My Unfair Godmother, by Janette Rallison

There should be a law that everyone has to read this book. That is how good this book was. It was funny, fantasy, romantic, witty, and even a little sad which rounded out the book very nicely. And let me say-I am ready to jump into the Hudson River.

This is a kinda sequel to My Fair Godmother, but you don't have to read that first. Chrissy is in both books but the actual stories have nothing to do with each other. The beginning of the book is depressing, talking about Tansy's parents' divorce and how everyone abandoned her and they ship her around as if she's a burden. Seriously, give the girl some love!! So, you're sitting there and thinking "poor Tansy-her situation couldn't be any worse" and then her idiot bad boy boyfriend graffitis and has Tansy take the blame. At the precinct she meets the annoying-yet-hot police chief's son, Hudson. (Now you get what I was saying before.) Then she goes home and her fairy godmother shows up. Chrysanthemum Everstar is a very good fairy godmother name, don't you think? Well, she's actually only a fair godmother because she hasn't gone to Fairy Godmother University and she has a talent for messing up wishes. Tansy (who doesn't read novels, in order to annoy her librarian father) wishes Robin Hood were there because he always fixed things. Then he's there and causes trouble. Then Tansy and her family are transported into the Middle Ages to the Rumpelstilskin story. Everything is flying and together with all that are all these funny references to our time. I love Tansy. I love Hudson. And my favorite character is Stetson. But I'm not telling you who Stetson is, ha ha ha ha ha.

5 stars. Read it. Or else
love the cover, don't you?

No comments: