Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Drop Dead Neighbor, by Sara Lee Rosenberg

Warning: If you read this you will fall victim to shameless self advertising. Twice does the author mention her own books so I will not be mentioning her name anywhere in this post. Ha!

This book was not was I was expecting. (I feel like I say that sentence a lot.) Way funnier and the plot moved along well. See, I thought it would be a bunch of neighbors playing pranks on each other until something serious happened. Maybe I should have read the back more carefully. Then I would have noticed that instead, the annoying neighbor part comes in the beginning of the book. Now you are looking at me with that confused look on your face. You really shouldn't make that expression. It will probably give you wrinkles and it isn't as cute as you think.

So the main character, Mindy, has a nightmare neighbor who is eternally perfect and better than everyone else. You know, the type that makes a huge deal when you ask her to do a tiny thing but acts as if you're huge favor for her is nothing (and besides you always owe her for something). Mindy has to deal with this neighbor and then after an email is read by the wrong eyes and its contents posted on Facebook, Mindy's dealing with her neighbor got way out of hand. And her family is psycho which makes this even more fun.

Mindy is one of those moms who should be paid for being one. She is running around fixing everyone's lives with no time to actually think about herself. And no one ever gives her credit or thanks. I would have been angrier but it was too funny.

I can't say more without giving the whole book away.

4.5 stars. Points were lost for the self advertising. Seriously, you're better than that.



No comments: