Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lost in Time, by Melissa de la Cruz (Blue Bloods, #7)

To read my review of Misguided Angel, the 6th (I think) Blue Bloods book, click here.

I actually had to look the Blue Bloods series up on Wikipedia to know what number this was in the series. In my opinion, series shouldn't be more than 4 books, preferably 3, and if there are more than 4, they have to come out really fast and close to each other. Otherwise, the original readers will give up (unless they're as devoted as me). Blue Bloods is so long that half the "main characters" on the Wikipedia page aren't even mentioned anymore. They're old news. Except for Schuyler, Jack, Mimi, and Oliver, everyone dies after being in more than 3 books.

This book is a lot less confusing than all the others. It doesn't depend quite as heavily on its prequels, explaining a lot (but not in that annoying way). I wouldn't recommend reading Lost in Time without reading any of the others, but if you forgot what had happened, like I did, you'll remember soon after starting.

Lost in Time is based in Egypt, which is kind of funny for a book about New York socialites. It goes back and forth, alternating chapters, between Schuyler and Jack in Egypt, Mimi and Oliver in the underworld, and Allegra Van Alen, Schuyler's mom, in the past in New York and California.

Throughout Allegra's tale I was wondering: If Michael and Gabrielle are soul mates, how can she not love him as much anymore? Isn't that contradictory? If they're soul mates, and meant to be together, it doesn't make sense that she love someone else more.

Speaking of Allegra straying, I have this feeling that Schuyler's dad isn't dead. I think he ran away/was sent away and changed his name, like a vampire witness protection program. In Blue Bloods, you can never expect someone to stay dead. Even the underworld is escapable (which apparently isn't a word, even though inescapable is).

I have homework to do, so I am going to put all other thoughts on Blue Bloods on hold until I read the last book (January 2013).

5 stars. Blue Bloods is one of the coolest vampire series EVER!!!

 
I want that lipstick!!!!

No comments: