Monday, October 17, 2011

The Power of Six, by Pittacus Lore

Again, I have read a sequel to a novel I didn't particularly love. However, in my defense, I didn't hate I Am Number Four, I just thought it was stupid (seriously-Pittacus Lore?). In my boredom and intense curiosity, I trekked (double k! how many words have a double k?) back into the Lorien Legacies.

Instead of only continuing with John/Four's adventures with Sam and Six, there's a double plotline and we get to meet Number 7 in Spain. She's stuck in an orphanage/convent place and her cepan (guardian in Lorien who doesn't have powers) is denying that they're even aliens (gasp!!!) She has adventures. The end. The same can be said for John, Six, and Sam. Except there's a love triangle there which I don't really get. The two guys remain best friends while each knows the other is in love with the same girl as him. How does that work? The jealousy is so minimal, it makes me think that their feelings for Six must be too.

This was a short post, but I have nothing more to say.

Lesson: If you are an alien, don't fall in love with a human. If you're a human, don't fall in love with an alien. It makes everything complicated.

4 stars. I don't know why I went that high.

 
I know: the cover looks fake. I don't get it.

No comments: